Re: Riddle Me This

I do believe this one goes from the point that if a knight drinks a poison he can then cancel it out... correct?
So if the dragons hurts him with poison 8 he must drink from a different well before fighting

So the knight drinks a poison 1-7 and then cures himself with 8.

THEREFORE USING ONLY THE POISON METHOD: The knight must drink from any well ranging 1-7 before the fight and then must drink from well 8 in order to cure himself smile

I WIN!!

Congratulations you figured out how he is able to cure himself using only the poison method, he drinks from a well before being given poison from the dragon.  However there was a second part, the harder one, how did he kill the dragon?

There's always a Dark Knight after a long day.

28 (edited by Zjinn 2008-10-08 11:09:18)

You didn't ask for that part upon the riddle. so i get 2 points for figuring out the whole part?

a) he killed him by using shear force

b) he brings water to the duel and not any of the poisons so that the dragon will think that its poison and drink from well 7 to cancel out (what he believes) to be poison

I did specify that within the last sentence.  Part a does not work because he cannot kill him with conventional weapons.  And part b does not work because for the sake of this riddle there is no water available to the knights.  Good thinking, and yes you would get 2 points if you figured out the entire part.

Working along that same idea...maybe give the dragon 2 poisons? say 6 and then 7. Then the dragon might kill himself with 8.

Oponn wrote:

I have a book... I love riddles. Here's one I changed up a bit:
I easily scare,
but I cannot care,
even after death I do not fade,
present throughout only the day,
forever earthbound,
never leaving the ground,
can never be maimed,
because i feel no pain.

Not sure if this one was answered but since I just first looked at this I wanted to answer one that I thought wasn't answered.  Is it a Shadow?

Thor wrote:

Working along that same idea...maybe give the dragon 2 poisons? say 6 and then 7. Then the dragon might kill himself with 8.

Nope, as combining poisons does not make them negate.  Nice thought, all it would do is perhaps make a weaker poison.  Try again, like the new activity though smile

At Metaknight the answer is shadow, already said by me, but still nicely done smile.  Try the dragon riddle as a part of it has not been answered.  Great to see some new activity wink.

So, I can't mix say 3 into 1 and neutral it out? Will the dragon stick around long enough for the knight to hit him with multiple poisons? I suppose that the Dragon cannot tell if he is poisoned or not and also he cannot tell what poisons he is being hit with?
Maybe distract the Dragon and switch the poisoned cups around haha

Multiple poisons does not make the poison stronger or completely neutralize the two poisons.  It's really a simple chemistry problem.  The dragon always drinks poison from well 8 just to be safe, and always poisons the knight with well 8 to be safe.  And you can't distract him and switch the cups around.

Could he just not poison the dragon? then when he drinks from the well, the dragon dies with no way to cure himself

Unfortunately he has to give the dragon something...you are headed in the right direction just think about how he can achieve this.  There are only poisons available to drink that look like water in all but their taste (there is no water to drink however for the sake of the riddle).

Always drinks from well 8 to be safe? shouldn't the dragon drink from well 7 two times and then once form well 8 to be safe?
Likewise, if the dragon gave the knight posion 1...the knight would need to drink from well 1 then well 2 in order to cure all possibilities even if he already drank poison 1 to start.

metaknight: yes it is

Beta 0.8b:  Jarvin of Praetoria 1:833 Rank: 20, Number 2 Baleenar
Beta 0.8e: Stark of Westeros 1:674 Rank: 9, Numer 6 Ogarth; Havoc, rank: 3, Speed #1, rank: 3
Legion Commander, The Confederate Legion!
http://halo3.junk.ws/sig/Vendetto/1970.jpg

Thor wrote:

Always drinks from well 8 to be safe? shouldn't the dragon drink from well 7 two times and then once form well 8 to be safe?
Likewise, if the dragon gave the knight posion 1...the knight would need to drink from well 1 then well 2 in order to cure all possibilities even if he already drank poison 1 to start.

You are making this way too hard.  Once given a poison the dragon drinks from well 8 as it negates any poison he was given as knights do not have access to well 8, this is in case the knight were to give him poison 7.  All the poisons look identical so the knight would never know what the dragon gave him.  Besides dragons always give knights poison 8 to ensure that they die.  Drinking poison 1 after just receiving poison one doesn't do anything for you except probably cause you to die.  For the sake of the riddle, lets say that after receiving the poison from the dragon that the knight only has time to drink poison from ONE other well.  You are looking too much at the problem and not at the answer.

WHO CARES ABOUT THE ANSWER IT"S JUST A RIDDLE! NEXT RIDDLE PLEASE TDK!

Beta 0.8e: Stark of Westeros 1:674 Rank: 9, Numer 6 Ogarth; Havoc, rank: 3, Speed #1, rank: 3

The Knight tricks the dragon into thinking the knight is poisoning the Dragon with a lower poison, so the Dragon doesn't think that the well 8 is necessary, the the dragon drinks from a lesser well dying.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/biggre/Infantry.jpg

I'm still leaving my seventh open-ended as no one got it (gave you two weeks wink ).  Sorry for not putting a new one out earlier however.

Eighth Puzzle:

"My first, tho

sea-man

seaman

You're four days too late

no i gave the correct answer... no hyphen necessary ZEO

Oh gasp.. who cares if I'm zeo or not...

why you using this old username?

Hola amigos!!! I got a riddle for you..

Whats the missing number? And provide your work

1-8-27-??-125-216

Oh goodness. I know this one. It's all cubes. My math teacher did one except with squares.

the cube of 1 is 1, cube of 2 is 8, cube of 3 is 27, cube of 4 is 64, cube of 5 is 125, cube of six is 216.