Topic: Next President?

Vote Obama for 2008!

Beta 0.8b:  Jarvin of Praetoria 1:833 Rank: 20, Number 2 Baleenar
Beta 0.8e: Stark of Westeros 1:674 Rank: 9, Numer 6 Ogarth; Havoc, rank: 3, Speed #1, rank: 3
Legion Commander, The Confederate Legion!
http://halo3.junk.ws/sig/Vendetto/1970.jpg

Re: Next President?

Oponn wrote:

Vote Obama for 2008!

/me votes mc cain right away now.

Band of Homos

Make sure when you talk that people want to hear you... - larese
*MaveZ ?*

Re: Next President?

I can't vote for Obama.

Anyone with Hillary in their party is not for me.

Not saying that McCain is any better.....

I wouldn't call Myst as a random event ... more like constant storm

Re: Next President?

Lol, tidal, name one policy of mccain that is beneficial to anyone anywhere in the world.

And suicine, you can vote for obama... After all he didn't pick her for vice president when he totally could have.

Beta 0.8b:  Jarvin of Praetoria 1:833 Rank: 20, Number 2 Baleenar
Beta 0.8e: Stark of Westeros 1:674 Rank: 9, Numer 6 Ogarth; Havoc, rank: 3, Speed #1, rank: 3
Legion Commander, The Confederate Legion!
http://halo3.junk.ws/sig/Vendetto/1970.jpg

Re: Next President?

Let's see here is what you are truly voting for:

Obama is a black president with no experience that really may screw our country or he may put us in a better position than anyone could dream of.  He will most likely be either amazing or terrible.

McCain has everything going for him except one thing.  He's so gosh darn old and suffered in a POW camp (gotta take years off your life), so you risk him dying in office.  And that give us Palin who the lord only knows what she'll do, but she has a bit more experience than Obama.  Oh and don't forget her family is nearly as dysfunctional as Little Miss Sunshine...

So take your pick! smile

There's always a Dark Knight after a long day.

6 (edited by Oponn 2008-09-20 18:26:00)

Re: Next President?

No it's like this:

Obama is a Senator of the United States Congress. Who supports universal healthcare and is the only major candidate who has openly opposed the war in Iraq before it even started. He seeks to lower taxes for those who don't make more than 200,000. Yeah who cares if millionaires have taxes raised? they can afford those taxes.

It's proven with the past that democrats fix the economy after republicans screw it up.

McCain, is a war hero, who believes every conflict can be solved with violence. He's the oldest candidate EVER. He says he WANTS to be in Iraq for another hundred years. He believes that everyone should have healthcare, and that it be mandatory for them to pay for it! He's also for raising taxes, and he is full empty promises as well. I mean all he has to say about his energy plan is that it's new, and different.

He chose Palin as his Vice. Who in the world is Palin? She's a governor from Alaska. Who happens to be kinda cute. He's just using her as a pretty young face as a counterbalance against his old ugly one. She has no experience either.


Obama is inexperienced smile, and to judge him by his race as you have done tdk, is like me saying McCain shouldn't be voted because he's white. I'm hispanic btw.

Beta 0.8b:  Jarvin of Praetoria 1:833 Rank: 20, Number 2 Baleenar
Beta 0.8e: Stark of Westeros 1:674 Rank: 9, Numer 6 Ogarth; Havoc, rank: 3, Speed #1, rank: 3
Legion Commander, The Confederate Legion!
http://halo3.junk.ws/sig/Vendetto/1970.jpg

Re: Next President?

You sound like you have been watching just Obama commercials, Oponn. Listen, both candidates suck. Obama was picked because of his race. What he wants to do and what he is able to do are different. Every person that runs for office make lots of promises that they know they are unable to keep, mostly due to budget. McCain was picked because of his POW experience and Palin was chosen for him because she is a woman.

Please (everyone) learn both sides of the argument before you go spewing your favorite political party's slander. That's why I don't haven't chosen who I will vote for (Ron Paul).

A friend of mine at work has a husband who has cancer that is eating away at his bones, (I don't know what it's called), currently, if he is ill, he can call his doctor and get an appointment right away. Under a universal health care system he would have to set up an appointment and have to wait until that date. A friend of mine lives in a country with universal health care and when he was extremely ill this was the case. His infection had spread and he had to wait four weeks to see his family doctor.

I'm not saying that universal health care isn't a good thing, but there are so many organizations out giving away doctor check ups and other services that it would not be right for America.


P.S. don't ever say that any politician is uncorrupted. You totally lose your credibility when you make that claim. <3

I wouldn't call Myst as a random event ... more like constant storm

Re: Next President?

I meant to say his inexperience makes him uncorrupted. And it kind of does. He hasn't developed all the ties that bind. Anyways, Watch Sicko. And CANADIANS!? Where are you? I know for a fact that they don't have to wait a long time to see a doctor. And it's possible that in that area your friend lives there might not be a lot of oncologists. That's a sad field to work in most of the time. And I talk to 100+ people a day and one lady was telling me that her husband can't get insurance because it's a 'preexisting condition' with universal healthcare, it wouldn't matter.

Beta 0.8b:  Jarvin of Praetoria 1:833 Rank: 20, Number 2 Baleenar
Beta 0.8e: Stark of Westeros 1:674 Rank: 9, Numer 6 Ogarth; Havoc, rank: 3, Speed #1, rank: 3
Legion Commander, The Confederate Legion!
http://halo3.junk.ws/sig/Vendetto/1970.jpg

Re: Next President?

they cant both do as bad as gorge.

a2+b2=c2 That is my theorem.

Re: Next President?

But they could do a lot worse wink  I think you all make excellent points, and I agree that neither of the candidates are fantastic, but what do you expect.  What would be great is a mix of the two, but that's not possible (something with genetics wink ), so we have to live with the choice that I made earlier and that Suicine reinforced only with a more cynical approach.  But he is right Oponn, Universal Healthcare is great, but there is no such thing as a perfect system.  Things sound great before you test them, but afterwards are not as amazing as one would think (our justice system!). 

And it doesn't really matter anyway, the president has a little bit of influence but he doesn't make a great presidency, all his advisers do.  And right now I'd say that Obama has a better VP than McCain, so Obama gets my pick wink.  Think why past presidents have been considered great, they are charismatic and get the job done.  They also have great advisers to support them (see Robert Kennedy, Harry S Truman).  Don't get me wrong a president is very important to the presidency, but if you get a genius behind Obama he'll get more done than if McCain happens to be a genius.  I personally think Obama will win because he is the right man in the right circumstance at the right time, he has a perfect storm brewing to even be in this position right now.

There's always a Dark Knight after a long day.

11 (edited by Oponn 2008-11-04 22:35:04)

Re: Next President?

OBAMA WINS! WOOT WOOT YES!


EDIT: In a couple months it's going to be a great time to be an american.

Beta 0.8b:  Jarvin of Praetoria 1:833 Rank: 20, Number 2 Baleenar
Beta 0.8e: Stark of Westeros 1:674 Rank: 9, Numer 6 Ogarth; Havoc, rank: 3, Speed #1, rank: 3
Legion Commander, The Confederate Legion!
http://halo3.junk.ws/sig/Vendetto/1970.jpg

Re: Next President?

Yes, I can't wait for the socialization of America and for Obama to get into situations that just go his head since he has almost 0 experience. It's nice to know we not have a black president just because he's black. I'm sure you've all heard the Howard Stern bit on that, if not, youtube "Howard Stern Harlem".

Ask yourself this, of Barak Obama, Hillary Clinton and John Edwards, if they were all white males, who would have been Democratic nominee and who got as far as they did just because they weren't white or male?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/biggre/Infantry.jpg

13 (edited by Oponn 2008-11-05 12:31:14)

Re: Next President?

biggre wrote:

Yes, I can't wait for the socialization of America and for Obama to get into situations that just go his head since he has almost 0 experience. It's nice to know we not have a black president just because he's black. I'm sure you've all heard the Howard Stern bit on that, if not, youtube "Howard Stern Harlem".

Ask yourself this, of Barak Obama, Hillary Clinton and John Edwards, if they were all white males, who would have been Democratic nominee and who got as far as they did just because they weren't white or male?

You're right, making rich people pay more taxes because they can afford it and poor people pay less taxes because they can't afford it is socialism. Warren Buffett, one of the richest men in the world, supports Barack Obama because he supports Socialism. Not.

You're right, Obama's been in the Senate for 11 years, but he has no experience at all.

You're right, I voted for Obama because he's black, his views on the economy, his tax cuts for college students, his lowering of health care costs didn't affect me.

You're right, Howard Stern is definitely the most indisputable source in the world, I mean he must be the best political analyst because he has so much experience in the matter, I mean the porn stars he has on his show all the time must give him secrets we don't know about.

You're wrong on the all white male part though. I don't like Edwards because he's smarmy. I don't like Hillary because SHE is a straight up over exaggerator. And if Hillary was a white male, I wouldn't vote for her anyways, because we don't need a homosexual in office at this moment. Obama is half white. He was raised by his white grandparents. He's a lawyer. I guarantee his english is better spoken than yours.



EDIT: EVERY POLL that has a significant number of people polled asked what was more important to them, race or age, and the majority of them said AGE. Look out there at how many different places are saying that race wouldn't play a role in the vote.

Beta 0.8b:  Jarvin of Praetoria 1:833 Rank: 20, Number 2 Baleenar
Beta 0.8e: Stark of Westeros 1:674 Rank: 9, Numer 6 Ogarth; Havoc, rank: 3, Speed #1, rank: 3
Legion Commander, The Confederate Legion!
http://halo3.junk.ws/sig/Vendetto/1970.jpg

Re: Next President?

Oponn wrote:

And CANADIANS!? Where are you? I know for a fact that they don't have to wait a long time to see a doctor.

I don't have a family doctor, and haven't now for over 7 years...

If I am ill I have to get my ass to a emergency room to be seen...

Now, as I understand it, anyone in America can pretty well due the same, as doctors are required, by oath to treat patients.  So If I have universal healthcare, so do you guys.

Life is the teacher,
Pain is the lesson,
Scars are your diploma.

Re: Next President?

Well, if I'm dying, and need an ambulance, it's a few hundred bucks for the ride, and like three hundred for the hospital visit, plus the cost of the x-rays, or whatever I need. And, if I don't get that paid in time, it directly affects my credit score, and can affect me getting immediate health care in the future. Sicko is a good movie to watch to compare the two countries

Beta 0.8b:  Jarvin of Praetoria 1:833 Rank: 20, Number 2 Baleenar
Beta 0.8e: Stark of Westeros 1:674 Rank: 9, Numer 6 Ogarth; Havoc, rank: 3, Speed #1, rank: 3
Legion Commander, The Confederate Legion!
http://halo3.junk.ws/sig/Vendetto/1970.jpg

Re: Next President?

Zerth wrote:
Oponn wrote:

And CANADIANS!? Where are you? I know for a fact that they don't have to wait a long time to see a doctor.

I don't have a family doctor, and haven't now for over 7 years...

If I am ill I have to get my ass to a emergency room to be seen...

Now, as I understand it, anyone in America can pretty well due the same, as doctors are required, by oath to treat patients.  So If I have universal healthcare, so do you guys.

It's very different in America. I have had my father's Canadian friends visit when we stayed in upstate New York. I remember one of his friends tearing a ligament in a skiing accident. He said he can wait a day and we drove him to Canada the next. He paid nothing for his surgery while in America he would be in severe debt. Health care in America is in control of corporations- interested in money. I've seen Sicko, I think it cost one guy featured +$20,000 to reattach a single finger. It gets even sadder he gave up reattaching the second finger because of the high costs. Many Americans forsake better cancer medication to keep costs down(widespread), health care in most cases doesn't help alleviate the debt.

Remember to raise the bar but do not give into astonishment.

Re: Next President?

it was 12k for the ring finger, and 57k for the middle finger.

Same guy in Canada had the same thing happen to him, didn't cost him a dime.

Beta 0.8b:  Jarvin of Praetoria 1:833 Rank: 20, Number 2 Baleenar
Beta 0.8e: Stark of Westeros 1:674 Rank: 9, Numer 6 Ogarth; Havoc, rank: 3, Speed #1, rank: 3
Legion Commander, The Confederate Legion!
http://halo3.junk.ws/sig/Vendetto/1970.jpg