Topic: The End?

Well, the events at the beginning of this round, and in my own life during this time have made things clear to me.  I do not have the time to be able to log in and compete at the high level I had previously competed at.

Unfortunately I can only log in from 5-7 a.m. and 7 p.m. -whenever I go to bed on weekdays.  Normally I go to bed between about 10-12.  So this leaves very little time to check alliance wars and do what needs to be done.  From 8-3 I have school, where alliance wars is blocked from access on the computers to do gaming restrictions.  That means I can't even check alliance wars during that time and can be blindsided by an attack and not go to the means to defend against such attacks.  Then from 3-6 I have football practice, which once again means I have no access to Alliance Wars.  So that means for about 12 hours of the day, and another 7-8 hours when I sleep I cannot log in to my account and do anything.  The BoB has already exploited this ruining my chances early by taking large numbers of mines thus crippling me.

Also, I am going on a cruise next week that will last 7 days.  I will be going on it with members of our senior class (about half of them), so I am not going to be able to do what I want with alliance wars practically at all during that time.  It would be senseless to play Alliance Wars on a cruise when I can have so much fun doing other exciting things.

So it is with regret that I end this round early.  BoB did play a factor in this decision with their huge early lead, and the fact they attacked me so early.  Obviously I could still perhaps play despite the disadvantage if I had jumped to a huge early lead, but that is not the case.  I would have to play harder than BoB just to potentially catch up, and that requires time to login which I don

There's always a Dark Knight after a long day.

Re: The End?

It was nice fighting you. to bad it ends so early. look's like this will be a boring round then. have fun on the trip. and who knows we will meet again.

Band of Homos

Make sure when you talk that people want to hear you... - larese
*MaveZ ?*

Thank you Tidal, I consider the same.  I would have thought of some devious scheme to perhaps comeback, but the problem is during that 12 hour period you could launch an attack and I would just sit there and take it without being able to do any countering or defending.  So have fun the rest of the round, probably would have been boring anyway with you just rocking us time and time again. wink  And I can't wait for the cruise, 7 days off from school with no homework when we come back.  Ahh, the excitement! smile

Tidal doesn't sleep. We told you that from beginning and told you how much "fun" we we're going to have.

Losing sleep and getting detentions in order to play a game is not what I consider "fun".  If I have to go to those extremes to compete, then it is not for me anymore.

sleep is a waste in your life smile

Band of Homos

*MaveZ ?*

Blah guess I came back for no reason sad  Oh well have fun!

Oh come now Metaknight, its easy if you want competition, split up the BoB and fight each other.  Not only will it be fun, it will make things even across the board.  Being dominant and ending a round quickly is no fun whatsoever, if you want to lengthen the round do that, or stop attacking D*Hara and let them rebuild.  It will make things more interesting later, and will give you more of a challenge.  If you call a temporary truce, I'm sure that D*Hara would accept.  This would allow them to strengthen some to give your alliance a better challenge later, and keep the round from dying out in competitiveness early. 

That is my suggestion if you want a more exciting round than just running around and building up a huge lead.  You will still build a very healthy lead as it is, and it will just make things more exciting later, while as it is you will have everyone wanting this round to end by the third or fourth week.  That is merely my parting suggestion, take it or leave it.

IMO.. I think thats a bad excuse. You need to focus on the game when you say things in the forum like you can beat older players. I can find the post if needed. So in the long run.. choose ur words more wisely smile

10 (edited by The Dark Knight 2008-09-01 11:39:02)

I did choose my words wisely, I didn't know how good you guys were, and was merely trying to get some old players back in the game.  So naturally I insisted that I was better than you guys to draw you back into the game.  I also got off to a terrible start this round, and have not had the kind of activity needed to prevent/stop attacks.  Had I not had school your first attack would have been foiled against me, and things would be much different now.  Also you guys employing a spy within our midst has absolutely saved you so far from failed attacks considering your lack thereof a slithin.

But regardless I have been outplayed and outactivitied, so I just say bravo to you guys.  I would also ask that we have a truce between us for a week, but obviously you would say no.  I think this would allow things to be much more interesting in the long run, but I guess you guys are too afraid of the consequences.  Too afraid to have things close late because you aren't good enough to win then because you never have had to.  Thought it would be an interesting experiment, but what do I know.  This is still in beta testing, and thus I thought you would be interested and willing to try something new out such as peace for a while to make things fun later.  But that's fine, no need to make things interesting and competitive to keep players staying in this game.  Instead just beat up upon players and lead to the complete fall of AW.

you could have known  WHEN i returned i would be active. i dont post on forums that i will win a round when i know i cant be this active. i think we made this game far more alive then last round? in bob only 90% is playing first time since long time ago again.  don't trow it on spy's since i aint whining about you farming your own mates too. maybe we will be on vaction mode for 1 week soon. that's what i suggested to others. who knows.  still some time to go and plenty things are able.

Band of Homos

*MaveZ ?*

Tidal- Didn't we do that whole 1 week thing??

ctrl+alt+delete wrote:

Tidal- Didn't we do that whole 1 week thing??

since tdk is quiting. with what use?

Band of Homos

*MaveZ ?*

I may not quit yet, just to see how things turn out.  But we know you spied, and you can't even admit that has played a huge roll considering that you don't have a slithin in either you or your allied alliance.  Don't lie and say that didn't play a huge roll.  Spying is an absolute ridiculous form of blatant cheating.  Almost as bad as multi-ing.  Also, note that farming has not been and never will be considered cheating, there has been many threads about it, you yourself have made threads complaining about it.  I am not complaining though, stating facts and what ifs.  Obviously they didn't happen and the past is the past.  We will see how the rest of the round plays out, and so far I've just been giving you my mines smile.  I've basically been a farm for you guys. smile

We got a spy??? AWESOME!! ummm.. might wanna re-check your data wink

Like Tidal wasn't bragging to me about it by responding to something I posted on our message boards personally.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/biggre/Infantry.jpg

17 (edited by ctrl+alt+delete 2008-09-01 21:41:54)

well I don't know of any spy. Are you sure him and TDK weren't talking back and forth between each other?

biggre wrote:

Like Tidal wasn't bragging to me about it by responding to something I posted on our message boards personally.

lol. not if someone is sending only 1 ship. its just a cheap scan. its just using brains. wich people in your alliance are missing. massing with eta 8. is asking for defence isnt it? wink

Band of Homos

*MaveZ ?*

Actually they send with eta 9.

Its a shame this topic is so full of slander from both sides.

I had a great game, thanks for that everybody. I wasn't as active as I normally am, but active enough to contribute to the cause!

are you suggesting that the game is over?  *GASP*

A bit off topic here, but may I ask why c+a+d was banned?  I am curious to know what prompted this action, so I know if I am in jeopardy of being banned.

Are you suggesting he got banned? *GASP*

Beta 0.8b:  Jarvin of Praetoria 1:833 Rank: 20, Number 2 Baleenar
Beta 0.8e: Stark of Westeros 1:674 Rank: 9, Numer 6 Ogarth; Havoc, rank: 3, Speed #1, rank: 3
Legion Commander, The Confederate Legion!
http://halo3.junk.ws/sig/Vendetto/1970.jpg

Not suggesting stating.  I like to state the obvious wink.  Actually it's my only real talent smile.  Though people tell me at times I can be funny...

you are funny. and quite polite. which is why i assume you have not been banned. I doubt you're in any danger of being banned as well. So i'd relax if i were you

Beta 0.8b:  Jarvin of Praetoria 1:833 Rank: 20, Number 2 Baleenar
Beta 0.8e: Stark of Westeros 1:674 Rank: 9, Numer 6 Ogarth; Havoc, rank: 3, Speed #1, rank: 3
Legion Commander, The Confederate Legion!
http://halo3.junk.ws/sig/Vendetto/1970.jpg

ontopic.:

Tdk continue?  you got funded well. so if a player quit we don't guve him any funds anymore. may I assume you play further?

Band of Homos

*MaveZ ?*