Topic: Welcome to Iraq

So yeah, it's been awhile since I posted on here. But, I hope I have legend status - which means I can post whenever I want, about whatever I want.

For those of you that know me, you know I am a computer nerd for the Air Force. Nonetheless, the Army can not fill their own slots and I have been tagged for convoy security in Iraq.

So, I will be the convoy commander for 20-30 trucks starting in April. I am leaving for training (it's called the Basic Urban Combat and Convoy course, but we call it "Be A Soldier" training) on 16 March.

Nonethteless, I ask for your thoughts and prayers during this time in my life. The convoy attacks have died down and I am pretty confident I will retun to my wife and daughter in one piece. I will be keeping my personal blog (michaelwales.com) up to date with my location and current news as I can.

- Mike

Re: Welcome to Iraq

Evic. Be safe. I have a friend going there soon. Be sure to post when you get back smile

Ouch.
Good luck, and god bless.

Optimism is the triumph of hope over experience

Best of luck on your journey and god bless you. My older cousin has been there 3 times already, he might possibly go a fourth given the shortage of soldiers.

Remember to raise the bar but do not give into astonishment.

Well hopefully whoever is president will cease this stupid war that's not ours to fight and take out everyone smile

Goodluck Evic.

Don't bring politics into this shadow.

Good luck Evic, I hear they are or might be getting new heavily armored trucks over there. Not sure if that's proposed or implemented already.
Keeping you in prayer.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/biggre/Infantry.jpg

Evicerate all smile

Beta 0.8b:  Jarvin of Praetoria 1:833 Rank: 20, Number 2 Baleenar
Beta 0.8e: Stark of Westeros 1:674 Rank: 9, Numer 6 Ogarth; Havoc, rank: 3, Speed #1, rank: 3
Legion Commander, The Confederate Legion!
http://halo3.junk.ws/sig/Vendetto/1970.jpg

Hey everyone. Made it through training and got to see my wife and kid for a week or so before heading into country.

biggre: Yes, the armor is much better now. We can pretty much roll right through an IED and keep going as long as the tires remain in-tact. We've been in country for a month or so now - one IED and 2 small arms attacks, but everyone has been okay.

If anyone wants to do me an awesome favor - I am in desperate need of Battlestar Galactica 4 (at least the episodes released thus far). If anyone wants to send me a couple CDs/DVDs with episodes downloaded - it would be much appreciated, I'll pass my mailing address off to you. Torrents are blocked by the ISP here and our Internet is s...l...o...w...

Thanks guys - I'll keep you posted!

Evic wrote:

Hey everyone. Made it through training and got to see my wife and kid for a week or so before heading into country.

biggre: Yes, the armor is much better now. We can pretty much roll right through an IED and keep going as long as the tires remain in-tact. We've been in country for a month or so now - one IED and 2 small arms attacks, but everyone has been okay.

If anyone wants to do me an awesome favor - I am in desperate need of Battlestar Galactica 4 (at least the episodes released thus far). If anyone wants to send me a couple CDs/DVDs with episodes downloaded - it would be much appreciated, I'll pass my mailing address off to you. Torrents are blocked by the ISP here and our Internet is s...l...o...w...

Thanks guys - I'll keep you posted!

I dunno buddy but I think I can be of help. If you know what Rapidshare file sharing is and how to use it- then I am certain that getting Battlestar Galactica 4 would be simple. You can download the episodes using one of my accounts: it depends though on your internet. We just need to setup a timetable so we don't get tangled up.

The second solution would be for me to burn them and send them. It's a viable solution it just depends on how long it takes for the shipment to arrive and what not.

Yeah - I would just download them myself but our Internet runs at 3.2k/sec on average - not feasible sad

hey evic, hope it's all ok over there, stay safe and keep everyone else safe too...

mynxems
Semper Feacibus Summus, Sole Profundum Varieat
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,mynx,black,green.png

Evic wrote:

Yeah - I would just download them myself but our Internet runs at 3.2k/sec on average - not feasible sad

then don't try coming to south africa. I download dual layer dvd's at that speed sad

13 (edited by Revan I 2008-05-23 07:51:07)

Evic wrote:

I'll download them and send them to you: no problem. Just send me a mailing address via email. I'll need some info on Battlestar Galactica: I hope I am downloading the right stuff: I am pretty sure I am.