Re: Recurring Problem

I'm always willing to help new player out. The alliances I ran or c-lead would always help them out, but we got more spies than new players which made it less fun for everyone.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/biggre/Infantry.jpg

52 (edited by Revan I 2008-02-01 15:02:43)

biggre wrote:

Everyone's planet is hidden when the round begins except those of players within your alliance. That is why all the planets in the Universe page begin with "Uncharted". You find out whether a planet is habitated by sending ships to defend the planet or by doing a scan of it. It will either have a ruler and planet name or be Uninhabited. The way the game used to be set up is your coordinates were determined by the order you made your accounts, starting at 1:2 being the first person to sign up for the round and all the planets were visible so no need for the "As of SHC" and everyone's score was visible and updated after every tick.

The game should have never gone down this path. But as in most cases- that is the way things are so be it.. If we could only find a way of convincing the Devs big_smile but they're busy people. Good post, Biggre.

Remember to raise the bar but do not give into astonishment.

Thanks. The thing was, when that was implemented, we had lots of active, experienced players playing, a lot of whom helped new players out. Then that number drastically dwindled down to a few experienced vets who holed up in their alliances and just raped everyone. Especially since the coding now heavily favored them. I wouldn't mind seeing radoms taken out until they are completely fixed and hidden planets until we have a much larger userbase.

Biggre, I was reading a post you had submitted a while back about a message board for those in the universal protectorate, and I think that would be a brilliant idea.  Because this game seems to be declining and needs something to spark up interest again, and keep new people who decide to play the game. 

I would like to say that this round there seems to be a much better competition base, with numerous fairly equal alliances, making the game more competitive and fun...

There's always a Dark Knight after a long day.

Score: 17,449,212,392

Race: Ogarth

Ore Total: 73807615165

Uranium Total: 73804678675

This one has actually started building stuff as well: 20k troops, 200 scouts, 200 transports, 3200 rippers, 200 cordovas...

Can you guys take care of this one as well?

Account has been locked until I can deal with it.

http://postal.alliancewars.com/images/postalsig_small.gif
"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Guy in Rune Lords just got a bug, and a big jump in score...just thought you aught to know.

1     The Rune Lords     8     101,673,939     12,709,242
2     Demented Kings     13     19,993,591     1,537,968
3     Alpha Squadron     12     6,857,273     571,439
4     Assassin's Creed     13     4,219,337     324,564

Yeah not too sure in whats happening here

The have gone up like 20 million in alliance score, so they definately used some of the resources they must have gotten...so umm, either amazing random, or they are taking advantage of a bug...

Somehow its only the alliance because I know who the top three ranks are.. And they're not in Rune Lords... So I'm completely lost when it comes to this bug.

shadow wrote:

Somehow its only the alliance because I know who the top three ranks are.. And they're not in Rune Lords... So I'm completely lost when it comes to this bug.

Well, now they have top rankers, they are all using what appears to be some serious illegal resources, there is no way they should have that high of a score even with some amazing randoms...

postal wrote:

Account has been locked until I can deal with it.

This player is inside their alliance and somehow his resources are going to their alliance fund which is a few million each tick. This is why they are so high ranked.. If their players do jump in score using these resources that is illegal.

Postal can you please fix this.. I think their score was around 600k or so before this started happening. (It's been going on now for 2 days)

63 (edited by The Dark Knight 2008-02-13 18:39:44)

--=={ PLANET SCAN: }==--
Ruler:  Relhok          Location: 1:240
Planet: Kohler          Score: 0
Race:   Ogarth
Attack Travel Time: 6  Defense Travel Time: 8
Ore Total: 516725048365 Uranium Total: 516722111875

This is the guy that is in their alliance, who is locked but it still divying resources to his alliance for them to use (couple of days ago he was the admiral)...it is much the same as what happened with the Assassin's Creed ordeal (which I was sadly part of), and should be fixed in much the same way...
And yes their score was about 600,000 with 6 accounts each with an average score of about 100,000.

Well, I just don't have the time to hunt down and fix these bloody random event bugs.  It would be less time to disable random events, so that's what I'll do.  The round is pretty much shot because of all this, so I'll make the fix to take out random events and leave the game running for a week or so to make sure no one is getting them anymore.  Then we'll start a new round.

http://postal.alliancewars.com/images/postalsig_small.gif
"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Okay. Well as you see above. 240 is the one that caused the mess inside Rune Lords. Thanks Postal for the message smile

Not sure if you put the no more randoms into place already or not, but this happened just a bit ago:

6     The D*Haran Empire     12     922,337,203,688,999,936     76,861,433,640,700,000

Yeah.. I just lost my ranking sad

Awww, I want a 922 trillion score.

Apparently the random events were not turned off.

1     The D*Haran Empire     12     922,337,203,688,999,936     76,861,433,640,700,000
2     S.P.Q.R     9     12,285,269,578     1,365,029,953
3     The Rune Lords     9     1,410,217,106     156,690,789

SPQR has received one of these events.

For the DHaran Empire, the person with the random is The Mother Confessor, 1:234, I just contacted their leader, and he told me that luckily the mother confessor went on a 5 day vacation just before this happened so it will not be an issue of them abusing the funds...It is only one person, and with them on vacation they can't get any resources with the alliance tax.  Just thought I would inform everyone.

There is 4 of them now with these bugs. This is ridiculous. Randoms should be taken completely out of the game for good.

1     The D*Haran Empire     12     922,337,203,688,000,000     76,861,433,640,700,000
2     S.P.Q.R     9     16,053,013,219     1,783,668,135
3     The Rune Lords     9     1,410,269,398     156,696,599
4     Assassin's Creed     12     104,444,774     8,703,731
5     Gauntlet     9     104,004,328     11,556,036
6     Demented Kings     13     30,253,351     2,327,180
7     Alpha Squadron     12     10,958,382     913,198

There are roughly 10 different accounts now that have the bug. All I can say is thanks to those that are not exploiting the bugs.

Shadow, they don't need to be removed forever. They're being disabled next round and when the Devs have time to work on the game. That should be enough. This game is in BETA testing still and will occasionally have problems.

Congratulations to all those that have been using the resources given to them by bug exploiters!!! 16 are currently exploiting the bug. And if you're not them I'm still please with you smile

shadow, the round is shot anyways, I doubt anyone is going to keep a record of it, it's to buggy for anyone to do anything. No one is trying anymore and they're just goofing around. So please stop with this and just wait for the next round like everyone else.