26 (edited by Revan I 2008-01-25 20:56:48)

Re: Recurring Problem

shadow wrote:

It apparently has been fixed.. although there is a massive rise in score still. I'm not saying you're cheating Kaltor, just wasn't sure what the event was. Gauntlet still has 32 million in scoring and TGL has a 4 million score. Must be lucky randoms sad

The randoms don't look lucky to me and you're not alone when questioning this latest "fix"... Doesn't look like its fixed to me- not to mention the gaining of ships you can't even build yet: I'd be more understanding of several of other game time buildable ships at this point... that would be lucky/acceptable. Other than that randoms and I have never gotten along but I'll play with that either way.

Remember to raise the bar but do not give into astonishment.

Sorry Shadow, I let my temper get ahead of my thinking.  It just seems that everytime something happens that helps boost our alliance, someone always suggests somethings wrong.

The only way to be totally free, is to accept The Force and live accordingly

28 (edited by biggre 2008-01-26 08:19:42)

The problem isn't with "well, you can't get the ships yet" it's more of "that's a crap load of ships, especially this early in the round".

Well, the bug in Gauntlet was partially fixed, rather than having close to 17 mil mines, they now a normal amount of one and 100,000 of the other.

I take it the Forts are staying then?

Edit* Everything's back to normal now.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/biggre/Infantry.jpg

Kaltor wrote:

Sorry Shadow, I let my temper get ahead of my thinking.  It just seems that everytime something happens that helps boost our alliance, someone always suggests somethings wrong.

I just have concerns over why the several amount of ships- had to be fortresses- those aren't really buildable during this game time. I'd prefer them be something else within the realm of same number of ships gained and same amount of score. But I see it is acceptable by the rest so I'll be quiet and forgive me if I have angered you, Kaltor.

Kaltor ^^ Got any inactives big_smile

Score: 19,461,578,278

Ore Total: 93952492760

Uranium Total: 93952459800

Reported it already.. big_smile

Also...

1     Assassin's Creed     11     922,337,214,480,999,936     83,848,837,680,100,000

I think that this is a bug..  They have a tax rate of 17% so they're getting something from that too..

Thanks!

Yeah, one guy went up like a ridculous number, we are going to turn the tax rate off, but the problem is we had like a bunch of money in the coffers already, like something around 1,000,000 of each because we have just been saving all the money, but now it is like 3,000,000.  It was our slithin who got it too, we'll be sure to fix this...don't want anyone claiming we're cheating, but we don't want to lose all our save up ore and uranium due to the bug.

Thanks!

There's always a Dark Knight after a long day.

34 (edited by shadow 2008-01-30 21:02:50)

Umm.. You guys are passing out the funds. Each of your members have over 25 million in resources. Not a very good way to show that you're not cheating

NOW THEY HAVE 1 BILLION IN RESOURCES

Attacking (1:xxx)    Defending (1:xxx)    Yours
Ship:    Total    Lost    Total    Lost    Total    Lost
scout    162    162    737    188    162    162
transport    158    0    0    0    158    0
barge    225    0    0    0    225    0
ripper    235    33    0    0    235    33
cordova    0    0    0    0    0    0
continental    0    0    0    0    0    0
fortress    0    0    0    0    0    0
dominator    0    0    0    0    0    0
troops    73557    67901    135160    36604    73557    67901

Apparently this is one of the ones that has been getting resources.  He was apparently given resources... He built 700 scouts and more than 100,000 troops. This is obviously not fair. And I would like for you to fix this, then the game would be normal once again. Until then.. This game is pointless to continue to play without the dev team here to fix the game.

Well apparently there are massive flaws in this game. People who abuse the bug, then others that find a way around it. Very responsible of some players.. Way to go!

Kk well I got all my mines and resources taken away which is perfectly okay, with the resources, but taking away 58 mines that I had to start out with is a tad unfair...

And shadow, no offense but getting 698 fortresses causing your score to rise is just as unfair, and I did not see those fortresses taken away...and other randoms were similarily ridiculous...so...this is not the only problem, though I am not saying actions taken were correct and fair.

I actually am not the one who got the 698 fortresses. otherwise i would be sitting on over 300 mines by now. with a score over 10 million.

shadow wrote:

I actually am not the one who got the 698 fortresses. otherwise i would be sitting on over 300 mines by now. with a score over 10 million.

I'm not saying that you did, I am just merely stating that some people have gotten randoms like that and used them.  Besides this discussion is moot, our entire alliance lost all of what we had, it is now zeroed out...  We would however like what we had before this whold "fiasco"...but if not I understand that you may want to make an example of this.  It won't bother me a whole bunch, but it will destroy our alliances chances slim as they may have been before.  But I am happy this is now all cleared up, but I have to be honest and say it was fun while it lasted wink.

~good luck, have fun

38 (edited by shadow 2008-01-30 22:58:00)

I totally agree to what you had before. However, I was attacking one of your members before your alliance donated him resources and him to use the bug. I didn't catch it however until my fleet had landed. Then everything was blown away. Thats abusing the bug as opposed to noticing it, turning the tax off and keeping track of everything you had.

** Most of it has been taken care of. However your teammates chose to use resources and build stuff. Granted that's why you still have such a high score. **

There is a difference between the two Dark Knight. The guy who got the 700 forts didn't use them until after the Dev's were done fixing the bugs. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it was the Dev's opinion that it was a normal random, just a very good one and it was not bugged in any way whatsoever.

What it seems you guys did was abusing a bug you got through the random event. Passing out resources and building up more than you would have normally gotten constitutes exploiting a known bug. You play by the rules and you get everything back to normal maybe even rewarded, you don't and you get penalized.

Well we certainly got penalized, we're back to zero in everything, which is fairly harsh...I mean I guess it is fair since it would be quite a bit of effort to set everything back...

But still I think we would still have gotten the message had you cut all the things we had had in half or thirds, but its all ok in the end, because I have just been using this round to test certain things and to learn from it.

41 (edited by Revan I 2008-01-31 18:51:55)

A.Creed did exploit their bug and suffered for it. It was rather entertaining to see some of the end results, I won't lie. I was fairly surprised to see some ships go missing. But in all fairness, the biggest disaster this round in my opinion is some of few "acceptable, lucky" randoms still in play.... hmm You have my sympathy, D.Knight.

Well, since I have been treating this round as a learning round, it is no huge deal, but thank you for your sympathy and thoughts.  But I would have to agree that the randoms that happened were a tad ridiculous...

And just curious, were there randoms in former rounds?  Or is this a new thing...

Btw, I now have 3 of each mine!!!!  Hooray!!!!

Oh they're nothing new. Though the ridiculousness of them have been plaguing gameplay for awhile now. I think you know my stance on randoms already..

Revan I wrote:

Oh they're nothing new. Though the ridiculousness of them have been plaguing gameplay for awhile now. I think you know my stance on randoms already..

I completely agree with you, and I am assuming that Grey Legion got a couple of them, right?  Because I have a hard time seeing their score that high without randoms...

Last round only had 2 bad ones at the beginning of it, nothing this bad or frequent. I'm almost to the point where I think randoms and hidden planets should be disabled to keep the game alive. And I was all for the implementation of both when they were first rolled out. Randoms because of the number of bugs, otherwise I'd love to keep them and hidden planets put all the new players at a disadvantage over the more experienced.

How exactly do hidden planets work?  I'm new to the game, so I was just wondering exactly how they work and are used...

And the other question is, can anyone have a hidden planet or is it just a certain race?

Everyone's planet is hidden when the round begins except those of players within your alliance. That is why all the planets in the Universe page begin with "Uncharted". You find out whether a planet is habitated by sending ships to defend the planet or by doing a scan of it. It will either have a ruler and planet name or be Uninhabited. The way the game used to be set up is your coordinates were determined by the order you made your accounts, starting at 1:2 being the first person to sign up for the round and all the planets were visible so no need for the "As of SHC" and everyone's score was visible and updated after every tick.

I realized that biggre, I was talking about those accounts that when they attack a member of your alliance they come up as 1:???, and the only way to find their coordinates is the person being attacked.  That is what I was reffering to in hidden planets, obviously we are not on the same page.  But I definately think that your version of hidden planets in necessary because otherwise the really good alliances would dominate even easier, knowing where everyone is. 
I think that hidden planets do somewhat give experienced players an advantage, but I think that otherwise the experienced players would have an even bigger advantage.

My question was that are those with attacking coordinates of 1:???, are they a certain race or just random people getting this advantage?

You just haven't found that players coordinates yet. The person under attack is told the exact coords of the attackers, but until someone in the alliance scans them they will be 1:???

Thanks for that information biggre, it is rather nice to find someone willing to answer questions I have.