Topic: Uh construction

Hey im brand new to the game. I spent my tech points already....how do i get more? Please dont say i have to buy it cuz this said it was free. Sorry if i break any rules, im new.

2 (edited by Revan I 2007-09-30 20:25:10)

Re: Uh construction

Will wrote:

Hey im brand new to the game. I spent my tech points already....how do i get more? Please dont say i have to buy it cuz this said it was free. Sorry if i break any rules, im new.

You are not breaking any rules by asking for help or etc- at least I hope you aren't doing anything anything wrong ingame. Tech points are not bought- they are produced every tick. Depedning on your race- it is to my knowledge that Slithins produce 25% more every tick and for the other races: 200. Good luck smile

Remember to raise the bar but do not give into astonishment.

Oh so how long is a tick? 1 hour? Im a Trankoor. How much per tick do i gain. 100?

4 (edited by Revan I 2007-09-30 20:24:45)

Will wrote:

Oh so how long is a tick? 1 hour? Im a Trankoor. How much per tick do i gain. 100?

Since you are a Trankoor then you produce or gain 200 techpoints every tick. A tick is in 1 hour in length. Don't worry if you aren't producing any- the game ticks have stopped signifying the regular round's end.

slithins need to make an construction to gain 25% more techpoints a tick.

Band of Homos

Make sure when you talk that people want to hear you... - larese
*MaveZ ?*

So when will i be gaining more, now say a round ends....do i lose my accouint and stuff?

Tidal wrote:

slithins need to make an construction to gain 25% more techpoints a tick.

That is true what Tidal says- I assumed it would slithin's instinct to build it since scanning power is a plus.

Will wrote:

So when will i be gaining more, now say a round ends....do i lose my accouint and stuff?

Will, you would be gaining more tech points hopefully soon: that is if havoc will start. If havoc will not be then you can count on losing your account and stuff.

uh im not following....

9 (edited by Revan I 2007-09-30 20:25:31)

Will wrote:

uh im not following....

Trankoors and all other races produce 200 techpoints automatically each tick. Slithins can boost their techpoint count by researching a technology: this helps since slithins are valued for scanning abilities. They can deep scan(pinpoint enemy activity) and alliance scan(lets them know what alliance players are from).

So slithins are like a better race? Also im still not getting any points...i need so i can make some things. I messed up and lost mine

Revan is wrong, all races get 200 tech points every single tick (hour). But the Slithin race can research a technology that lets them get 25% more tech points per hour.

You can review the rules if you click "Sign Up" and all the rules should be pretty clear, if any need clarification, feel free to ask here.

The reason you are no longer getting tech points, or for that matter, resources is because the current round has ended. On the login screen it says when th current round will be starting and when it will be ending. The last round ended on Friday September 28, 2007 - 20:00 Game Time. There is usually a Speed round which lasts a weekend or a Havoc round between normal rounds. A speed round usually has every tick lasting 5 minutes while the Havoc round you start off with 5000 of each mine and 1 Billion of each resource then duke it out with everyone.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

-Biggre

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/biggre/Infantry.jpg

So when will the next normal round start so i can play again?

The Dev team will inform everyone by announcing it in the Announcements section of the forums. Until then, we are all in the dark.

How long does it normally take after a round for another to start up. So if ur in a round and it ends. Do you lose all your minerals and troops and all that?

Yes, they completely wipe the database and you lose all your ships, troops etc. You will have to make a completely new account. A lot of people like to change their ruler and planet names too. You will start off with 600 tech points and 5,000 of each resource.

And in that month u try to be thebest out there? Now what if i like my ruler name and planet etc. Can i reuse that stuff? So you try to be the best in a month as possible?

Rounds tend to last about 3 months, and the goal is not to get the best rank for yourself. You want to try and get your alliance to it's highest possible position. Sometimes that involves sacrificing yourself.

And you can reuse the stuff, I've been using the same ruler name and planet name now for some time.

ok cool. So its not about ranking yourself but getting your alliance rank up. By using alliance members as sacrifyces etc. Imma keep with Lord Will of Pimpos.

I wouldn't recommend Will that you post exactly what ruler name and planet you might be for the future. It will make you stick out- although very simply using repeating ruler name and planet makes you well known. Biggre I corrected my error concerning the amount of tech points made. Now as for the round details- quite simply the gap between the regular rounds could end being very  l o n g  , hopefully there will be a havoc and a speed thrown in between.

I dont care let them no that it will be me. Seriously if they have a problem with me big deal. Thats when i pull out my guns and say Hasta La Vista bay bay.

I would say it's more important to know what alliance they are in than their ruler name. Unless for whatever reason someone has a vendetta against you and just plans on ruining your game. But I doubt many, especially the average player has that problem.

biggre wrote:

I would say it's more important to know what alliance they are in than their ruler name. Unless for whatever reason someone has a vendetta against you and just plans on ruining your game. But I doubt many, especially the average player has that problem.

I know what that feels like... Queen... hmm

23 (edited by Chuck Brown 2012-04-16 07:15:52)

A speed round usually has every tick lasting 5 minutes while the Havoc round you start off with 5000 of each mine and 1 Billion of each resource then duke it out with everyone

Nice... now if only we could play the game sad

AAAAAAAAH! The Spiders! The Spiders are here!

What? ME paranoid??? Nooo!!!! I am sane!