Topic: Ship Effectiveness?

Hi All

As a noob who has entered half way through this round, is there any info anywhere on ship effectiveness? I have seen comments in this forum like "3 rippers to kill one transport per tick" but it would be useful to have an estimate of the numbers in the same type of thing as the firing grid - otherwise I am never going to know where to spend all my loverly resources.

Tix

Re: Ship Effectiveness?

there is no 'official' record as such, as the Devs didn't want the game to be too easy.  Older players have just had to figure things out themselves, and given that combat was tweaked this round, even then we can't be sure.essentially, build any ships you can, except for Fortress and Continentals as they die very easily.

Life is the teacher,
Pain is the lesson,
Scars are your diploma.

But they won't die too easily as I have noticed. big_smile

0.8c - unkown - Pryde of Ironhold - Rank 18
0.8d - 1:786 - Pryde of Ironhold - Rank 25
A man by the name of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe once said, "It is always better to say right out what you think without trying to prove anything much: for all of our proofs are only variations of our opinions, and the contrary-minded listen neither to one nor the other."

I didn't say they were made of brittle glass...

Life is the teacher,
Pain is the lesson,
Scars are your diploma.

It is not to complicated to calculate the 'killing-rate' of the different ships. Just have a close look at some battle reports. Of course nobody will tell you, because if you know the rates you know how to attack and defend. And you will stop building some kinds of ships.

Here's a quick assessment of how i view the ships.

Scouts - great at absorbing scout fire so your rippers don't get shot
Rippers - great for killing transports
Transports - great for holding troops, decent at destroying barges, can kill rippers
Barges - they steal stuff
Cordova - Expensive but very effective at killing barges
Cont - large flying target
Fort - Larger flying target
Dom - great at killing scouts, which we have allready established are fodder anyway

Personally, I used to rely on rippers, but this round has gotten freaky transport reliant, so it's almost impossible to have enough rippers to shred an opponents transports.

As it stands a good mix of Scouts, rippers and Transports are a good mix for defense, of course strongly backed by Troops.

Life is the teacher,
Pain is the lesson,
Scars are your diploma.